When will batteries grow beyond sub-C?

I assume you mean 12" thick. Answer = Yes. In low gear(3 speed) I can turn a 7/8" Lennox ship auger (Greenlees don't stand up to the nails as well I have found) through just about anything (with a reasonably fresh battery and I do have to clear the hole a couple of times and it does bog a little on the thick hard stuff but it will do it). It really does have an enormous amount of torque for a cordless. If it snags on something and your not braced for it it can hurt you. I wouln't want to use it up drilling out entire houses with it (that is hole hawg territory-much faster) but as I said before it is an excellent tool for attic or basement crawls.

Reply to
vincee

I read in sci.electronics.design that vincee wrote (in ) about 'When will batteries grow beyond sub-C?', on Thu, 22 Jul

2004:

I didn't realise that there are still cave-dwellers in USA. Still, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I was a part-time cave dweller in

1941.
Reply to
John Woodgate

Wow!! I'm impressed. (And yes, I did mean going through the ~ 12 inch dimension). My view on the attic/basement crawl is directly opposite - but then I don't have the 18V cordless. Anyway, if I have to crawl in & out, I want to do it *once* . I want plenty of power while I'm there, and don't mind dragging in an extension cord and lugging the hole hawg.

Reply to
ehsjr