why a zero watts bulb called so?will a lamp glow at zero watts?

why a zero watts bulb called so?will a lamp glow at zero watts?

Reply to
VIDHYA

Nver heard of a "zero watt bulb". Can you post a link?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

I think is what some are calling low wattage CFLs. I have read that 12 watt/hours is below the minimum resolution of some power tarriff meters. The meter doesn't turn if a single lamp is the only load, so they call it a "zero" watt lamp.

It's really nothing but some misleading hype to flog off CF Lamps.

Reply to
Arlowe

peace dawg

Reply to
Wecan do it

Wecan do it

incandecent lamps of very low wattage rating( 5 W to 10 W) are generally reffered to as the zero watt bulbs in India, generally in the rural areas.the lamps are generally used for the decorative purposes or where very low level of lumination is required. they are called the zero watt lamps because they consume very low amount of electrical power whose effect on electric bill is nearly negligible.

Reply to
sanjay664lal

the amount of current it takes is very small..thus the total power is assumed to be negligible..but it is a misconception..actually there is no uch thing as zero watts

cheers

Reply to
ram27