Zinc Chloride?

I have a 6 Volt Lantern battery (UK type) which is labelled as, "Zinc Chloride".
Does this mean that it is the traditional Zinc/Carbon cell with
Sal-Ammoniac chemiclas?
Also, if I were to alkali batteries, what would I find inside? I only ask because in my youth, the carbon rods were very useful, and wondered, before I poison myself, if there were to be anything useful in the modern cells.
invalid wrote:

It's most likely a standard carbon zinc battery. Even if it were an alkaline battery, there is nothing particularly toxic inside, just don't eat it and wash your hands when you finish.