Zinc Chloride?

I have a 6 Volt Lantern battery (UK type) which is labelled as, "Zinc Chloride".

Does this mean that it is the traditional Zinc/Carbon cell with Sal-Ammoniac chemiclas?

Also, if I were to alkali batteries, what would I find inside? I only ask because in my youth, the carbon rods were very useful, and wondered, before I poison myself, if there were to be anything useful in the modern cells.

Reply to
invalid

It's most likely a standard carbon zinc battery. Even if it were an alkaline battery, there is nothing particularly toxic inside, just don't eat it and wash your hands when you finish.

Reply to
James Sweet