Latest threads in ⏚ Electrical Engineeringshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

power factor
Hi. I need an information about LED's (Light Emitting Diode) power factor- cos (fi). I know that question is seemingly strange but I hope that someone could help me. Marcin,
4
4

speaker thud
whenever i turn on or off my desk lamp, my computer speakers make a loud thud sound. what causes this and is there anyway to remove this effect?
1
1

Central Vac Alternative: Is is up to code?
The central vac in a property we are working on failed. It "needs new." Are there any "code" issues with wiring in one of those packaged transformer/relay gadgets used for furnace control. The 24 volt...
2
2

Using a touch sensor lamp with a wall switch
Hi everyone. First time posting here so hopefully my question is relevant. I recently purchased a floor lamp (torchiere style, 3-way bulb) that I really like, but it turns out not to work the way I...
2
2

Standard home 240 - neutral to ground
Im curious, in a standard US home 240 neutral split connection, when you break the circuit at the feed/meter box, you are simply removing both hots, right? So the neutral is still connected through....
2
2

How to mitigate Harmonics
We have 750 KVA generator in our week this generator malfunctioned. Meanwhile we arranged a generator of 1200 KVA. Press operates perfectly on 1200 KVA gen. and Power utility comapny. it might be...
1
1

240v Single Phase GFCI - Wiring Issue
Ok - I'll start off by saying I am NOT an electrician - and No, I am NOT trying to do this myself. Rather, I have TOO much help. I have our contractor's electrician Sub on one side - and the...
5
5

Anybody have any plans for building an electrical generator for home?
--------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from =- Shemes.com :: Home
1
1

Masters Program for EET
can someone tell me, if its possible having a BS in EET and going for a MS in EE or Facilities Eng. or what can I pick to go for a Masters Degree.. Can anyone Help.. Thanks
1
1

Watlow 935A-1CC0 temperature controller problem
Here's a Watlow 935A-1CC0 that's got me stumped with a problem I'll bet someone has already dealt with. I can't get past the Front Panel Lock (FPL) to access any menus to set anything! At power on...
1
1

Need replacement for KBP04-01
Part of the switch assembly for a Dremel model 260 - an old Dude. Tool threw a brush, shorted out and blew the lead off one of the brush holders. I reattached the lead, replaced the brushes, serviced...
5
5

220v 6000va UPS and dropping 110
I am adding to my server farm at home. Instead of pulling a second 110 line I was pondering migrating the current one to 220, perhaps installing a sub breaker box in that room. To wire a sub box, I...
5
5

8 Bit ADC question
Missed some class notes due to being sick. Anyway have a tutorial question I need some help with. For an 8 bit ADC, how many clock pulses are required for an exact mid-signed range. I think 4,...

snow mobile
Auroraz Scooter INC. is a professional manufacturer / wholesale distributor of gas scooters, mopeds, ATV, mini dirt bikes, mini choppers, pocket bikes, super pocket bikes, mini motorcycles, foot...

Load Calculation
Hi, I proposed to install 4HP air cond., 6HP air cooled room and 10 nos 1x36W flo. light in my workshop. My calculation is to get the connected load (CL) and Total connected load (TCL) as below; am I...
2
2