dot matrix lcd tutorial

Hi, Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial on how to program one of those dot matrix lcd displays? I'm not talking about those 2 or 4 line displays
where write in the letters, I'm refering to those 128x64 displays or similar. Thanks
Warren Thai wrote:

Tried the manufacturer's data sheets and application notes?
You use the word "program" - which implies that you are writing about programmable units with embedded processors - which typically are programmed by clocking serial or parallel data into a port.
However, you could possibly mean a straightforward lcd array, with no embedded electronics - which isn't so much "programmed" as "driven".
--
Sue