Mindstorms RCX 2.0 and Windows 2000

I just bought a Mindstorms 2.0 for my son. As I wrapped it up (birthday tomorrow) I got a little worried by the "Windows 98" requirement, with
no mention of Windows 2000. I google and find a whole lot of adverts with "Requires Windows 98 or Windows XP, Windows 2000 not supported"
Will i be able to use this with windows 2000? My son will be dissatisfied with the Linux programming environment that is the only alternative to W2K in our house.
Is your son in in school. He might get windows XP via the school legally for about USD 30,-.

Well I didn't say i want XP. And I don't!
Thanks for the suggestion.
nick wrote:

I seem to remember it working on my 2K machine but I can't guarantee it.
Sorry
--
Dean Earley ( snipped-for-privacy@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team
dr wrote:

OK, just so future googlers can find it, there seems to be no issue at all with win2k and Mindstorms 2.0. (Birthday over, no tears!)
well.....CHEERS!!!! then heheheh :-D