XP & Mindstorms HELP !!

Hello,

I have XP and the Lego Mindstorms 2.0. I've listened to the recorded voice on the Lego Tech Support line and did exactly what was told regarding installing on XP. The install locks up at the point where you go to set up the I/R tower under 'settings' just after the log-on screen. Please help me.

Thanks,

RG

Reply to
RG

I am running 2.0 on XP Home. Are you running XP Pro? I am not familiar with the Pro edition. I would try uninstalling the tower in the device manager under "Lego Devices". Then try to reinstall the software per directions. If you are using a laptop, there are several issues with the tower, but these are mostly recognition problems. Post any further details that might help others to recognize your problem.

Reply to
Bob Fay

Bob,

Thanks for the advice. I just uninstalled it. I will try reinstalling everything later this eve. I will report back. Thanks.

Best regards,

RG

Reply to
RG

Dear Everyone,

I've tried just about everything. I am so twisted since I cannot get this to install. The first time I tried, it almost worked. Now it freezes just prior to the communication between the USB tower and the RCX 2.0. I am willing to pay a fee to whoever can help me resolve this. I cannot believe that LEGO has forsaken those whose Windows 95/98 computers died and all you can get now is XP. Why won't they support it? I am not at all happy. All this money, add-ons and such, not to mention books on the subject,... invested to teach my Son learning is fun/programming/building/logic skills/ .......DOWN THE DRAIN. Not happy with LEGO. I am serious about paying for the solution. How's about $25.00 delivered immediately via PayPal? Please help

Respectfully,

Reply to
RG