Looking for RC lego docs, stuff

In the next couple of months I would like to own at least one good lego RC car and/or truck. I already own a nitro racer but don't like
it because it because of the very small controller and also the fact that when it accelerates it is not proportional but either at 100% or 0%. I'd like to pick a used Mindstorm 2.0 at a really good price or some good docs for creating a car that has proportional control. I know that LEGO had/has created some full sets that included a car and/ or truck kit with this type of control. If you have one and would like to sell it a real good price I could be interested. I am in the US. Thanks!