changing the combination on simplex locks

Hiya - we're entering my fraternitie's "walk out week" very soon - so we're trying to protect ourselves from the pledges. We use simplex locks (or I'm assuming they're simplex - as they have five buttons arragned in a circle) and we'd like to change the combination on them. Can anyone tell me how to do this? I searched around google for a while but couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Michael

You have to search under Unican (and now Kaba to find out about "Simplex" locks. But here is a link to the combo changing instructions:

the manufacturer will tell you the combination can be anywhere from one to five digits long....technically that's true ..But if you don't use all five buttons with two or more of them depressed simultaneously your pledges (if they are halfway bright) will have you for lunch.

Reply to
Jim Gaynor

Mike, If you were authorized to do this you'd be able to call the campus locksmith for instructions. I don't know what "walk out week" entails. Maybe in your case an auxilliary lock would come in handy. Aux locks are sometimes sold as "traveler's locks". They either dig into the doorjamb or slip into the latch hole. A pivoting piece keeps the door from opening in. They are not real secure but will make the next dorm room look like a more attractive target :-))

Daniel

Reply to
dbs__usenet

More than you ever wanted to know here...

Jay Hennigan