Native locksmith.

A Locksmith mate of mine owns a lock shop up in Moresby, Papua New Guinea (island country just above Australia, for those who are geographically challenged). Last year he decided to give a young native fellow the opportunity to become a fully qualified tradesman, so he took him under his wing, basically fed and clothed him, paid him well. This nice young native guy sent 95% of his pay back to his family in the village, way up in the highlands, which is still very much tribal. After a year of hard work he went back to the village to visit his family. All the tribe gathered around to greet him, and the chief congratulated him on his success, and for his thoughtfulness in sending 'white fella' money and cigarette papers back to the village. "Cigarette papers" ???. Yep you guessed it, they kept aside the coin money, and smoked all of the paper money. Wouldn't that SH*T you off, poor bugger.

Reply to
Steve Paris

I am reminded of the fellow who had all his assets converted to gold before he died. He did finally die, and went to Heaven. Took his gold bricks with him.

Saint Peter and another saint were standing at the pearly gates, and talking about the day's activities. St. peter remarked to the other fellow "wait till I tell you about... the guy who brought a suitcase full of paving stones......"

Yes, I'd be quite upset with those folks. And upset with myself, for not thinking of that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon