Not exactly rocket scientests

For those of you who are not fans of the "As a matter of fact, I am a rocket scientist" T-shirts, here's a wonderful alternative.

SkyPirate

Wonder if that was Jim's inspiration for this?

Just wondering... Doug

Reply to
Doug Sams

Yes, although it was his son's challenge IIRC...

Bob Kaplow
*S* yep... my son (Joseph) comes up to me one day and shoves that cartoon into my lap and exclaims "I'll bet you can't make THAT fly!"

...what's a dad to do??? *S*

It's become one of our best sellers and never ceases to amaze people with how well it flies.

good kit! jim

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Reply to
jflis

*S* yep... my son (Joseph) comes up to me one day and shoves that cartoon into my lap and exclaims "I'll bet you can't make THAT fly!"

...what's a dad to do??? *S*

It's become one of our best sellers and never ceases to amaze people with how well it flies.

good kit! jim

Reply to
GCGassaway

Here's an interesting idea. Send Gary Larson one of the kits, along with a pic of the model boosting straight and a copy of his cartoon to refresh his memory. Would be interesting if you got a reply back from him about it, or maybe even a mention in some future book/interview.

I think that's a great idea. Gary Larson has (had?) an exhibit of some of his science-related cartoons at the California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park. I assume he contributes money. At least he contributes a cartoon for the "Race for the Far Side" yearly run T-shirt each year, which is a major fund-raiser. You can probably contact him through the museum...

BillW

Reply to
Bill Westfield

interestingly enough, my son's roommate's family is good friends with Gary Larson so I am hoping to arrange a get together... :)

who know! I know that one of the production folks doing that WB toon "back in action" or "back from the past" (something like that) bought one so that he could put it on his desk just to get a reaction from the others involved with the movie. what a hoot! LOL

GCGassaway wrote:

Reply to
jflis (FlisKits)

I have my own: "But you don't have to be a neuroscientist to be a rocket scientist".

Dennis McClain Dept. of Psychiatry Yale Medical School

BTW, I saw in Slashdot that someone has developed plans for hacking a Billy Bass Bigmouth. How long before someone fits it with engines and flies it?

Reply to
Doktor DynaSoar

Doktor DynaSoar wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Given the number of rockets I've had to repair in my "career", I want a tee shirt that says

"As a matter of fact, I *am* a rocket surgeon".

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

I've always been fond of the term that Clark used in "Ignition!" for the folks who actually worked with the hardware - "rocket mechanics".

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Or given the arboreal nature of many rockets:

"As a matter of fact, I *am* a tree surgeon".

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn