Re: Warning to Ebay Users! Trainfred!!

"Two23" wrote

The fact that he's selling items for less $$ makes him a "SOB"? What am I > missing here? > > > Kent in SD

--------------------------

No, do a google search. He's a strong candidate for most loathed individual in the model railroad industry/hobby.

You've been claiming to be an expert on many subjects discussed here in recent months. How is it that you don't know of him?

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

------------------------ "Jon" wrote

----------------------

I didn't doubt it was him, and was convinced after checking his eBay auctions and history. "brass balls" is so accurately used. He must have a vacuum where most humans have a brain.

BTW, he isn't the only "Becker" model RR vendor who's business is in the dumper, and has now resorted to selling on eBay.

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

Maybe that is because they have nothing else to do but sit on EBay and bid.... Reminds me of that "King Of The Hill" episode where Hank is accused of Murder and he gets off because of the guy who did nothing but bid on EBay all day... the guy remembered the exact time of his bids...

Some people have more important things to do.

Reply to
wannand

Rather than attempting to personally attack me, why not answer my question?

Kent in SD

Reply to
Two23

Please use "was exonerated" for someone [fictional or otherwise] proven not involved; "gets off" implies he did it but skated out on the punishment, like Kent in SD's congressman.

Reply to
Steve Caple

So whats your ebay name and feedback, at least we know who fred is, you just seem to hide behind a faceless pissweak nickname.

Bruce Langwarrin Melbourne.

Reply to
Biggus

It seems obvious from this and other threads that Mr. Don't-Know-My-Name is just a disgruntled Ebay buyer... either that or a competitor to those he's on here railing against.

He claims to have a wealth of experience on Ebay but his perspective is much more that of an unreasonable (and naturally, unsatisfied) buyer than an actual seller.

Of course, what the hell do I know, I'm just a newbie to this group (though not to Ebay, which I've been selling on since the first month they went live).

Reply to
Jeff Williams

That actually IS pretty "crappy" service. If the seller was a regular business, and Friday was a regular business day, he should have had an answer Friday.

If the eBay seller is "non commercial", even on a weekend it's not unreasonable to expect an answer within 24-48 hours.

eBay "standards" call for the resolving of payment arrangements within 3 CALENDAR (not business) days of completion of auction, and any seller has a reasonable right to expect payment within 10 days.

Don

Reply to
Trainman

Sorry, Steve, just using the terminology used in the show.

Reply to
wannand

it could be that he saved his paper route money for months to be able to bid on the item and then he feels he has lost his $15.00 and will have to work another three months to get it.

Someone said it was all over $15.00, shit I spent twice that on breakfast yesterday.

I guess it is all perspective.

Reply to
wannand

It was a Friday Holiday weekend. He answered all the pertinent Emails on Monday during the day, the one from Mr Unhappy was just wanting to confirm that the product had been shipped, even though the seller sent him an email on Thurday morning staing it was sent out.

When my friend emailed a third time, after the complaint, he was told that Mr. Unhappy got his package on the Tuesday afternoon. All Mr Unhappy's whining was for nothing. Won bid on Wednesday, item shipped Thursday, Friday holiday, package arrived Tuesday. Mr Unhappy did apologize in email, but did not go back online and leave a followup feedback to say that it was just that he was an impatient a**.

Reply to
wannand

Don, please post the link to your statement on colander days. eBay may have two sets of rules on this. Here is a direct link to a web page that possibly downplays your statement.

How long should I wait for the seller to contact me?

eBay recommends that sellers and buyers contact each other within three "business" days. It is perfectly fine for you to make the first contact with the seller, using the email address provided in the End of Auction email.

I have always heard that it was business days and I first started using eBay in 1997. I do not sell anymore as it was too much a pain in the a** but I have always followed the business day model in my emails.

Art

begin 666 x.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Art Marsh

" snipped-for-privacy@CreditValley.Railway" wrote

--------

Judging from the number of non informative messages you've posted today, you were directing that final comment towards yourself? Still chuckling?

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

"Two23" wrote

Excuse me, I thought I had answered the question. If it wasn't to your satisfaction please post it again. It could have gone over my head.

Is this your question that hasn't been answered: "...SOB? What am I missing here?"

If so, your answer is to be found at Google.com:

Dont Know My Name

"Jeff Williams" wrote

----------------------------

If true, is this an admission that you *were* kicked off eBay prior to Sept '98?

Why were you kicked off this last time?

I'm not railing against anyone. I posted an argument discrediting your (and Will's) claim that Hobby Circle had a respectable feedback history. Your justification for defending Hobby Circle was that you had ONE satisfactory transaction with him, and that his feedback percentage was better than yours [134 positive, 3 negative, NARU]

Your feedback history spans 64 months -- 1965 days. Wow! that's one feedback almost every two weeks! How do you keep up that pace? Your eBay expertise must be extensive after getting NARUed at least twice.

When are you going to 'fess up and tell us what your real relationship with Hobby Circle is? What will they say if I call and ask for Jeff again?

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

Yep, still smiling, becuase I have my business down to a 4 day week. Fridays I spend online relaxing, sparring with the riffraff.

Reply to
wannand

Oops, Lets try Calendar Days vs, Business Days. Sorry.

Reply to
Art Marsh

"Two23" wrote

You didn't begin to read all of the messages that have been posted about him here over the years.

I have no relationship with him at all. I could give a rat's *ss if he's selling on eBay. I'm as surprised as anyone that he doesn't have horrendous feedback. Maybe he's paid to have negative remarks removed? Rather than make everyone go look it up, why not post his feedback numbers or the link to that eBay page instead of writing "feedback is very good, nearly perfect."?

Reply to
Dont Know My Name

-- Jim Sherman xROADKILL snipped-for-privacy@zYAHOOa.COM < remove lower case letters, then use what's left AS lower case

The hurrider I goes the behinder I gets; which makes sense because the older I gets the more behind I gets. And I is gettin an old behind!

Reply to
Jim Sherman

I believe that that is good customer service, I stay at home, right beside my telephone in case any customer wants me. I know a couple of my competitors who take a day off mid week to go skiing in the winter and golfing in the summer. Now that is bad customer service, do you really think they will leave early if they get a customer call, not likely. guess that is why my company is #1 in this area.

And NO, Trolling is when you instigate, sparring is when you take an alternate view point and discuss a topic. Of course yesterday I did spar with No Name Fred there, so I guess I was sparring with a Troll.

Reply to
wannand