Ebay Gun Ban Fanatics

eBay Expands Its Anti-Gun Policy Friday, August 03, 2007

Years ago, eBay banned the sale of all complete firearms on its online auction and shopping website. However, they did continue to allow the sale of parts and many accessories. This week, a spokesman for eBay announced that the company would ban the sale of all gun-and-ammunition-related parts and components.

The ban is set to begin in mid-August, when eBay will prohibit the listing of ?any firearm part that is required for the firing of a gun.? This prohibition will include, according to eBay, ?bullet tips, brass casings and shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, firing pins, trigger assemblies, etc.? In explaining the decision to restrict these items, Matt Halprin, eBay?s Vice President, Trust & Safety, said, ?After much consideration, the Trust & Safety policy team ? along with our executive leaders at eBay Inc.? have made the decision to further restrict more of these items than federal and state regulations require.? [emphasis added]

With this action, eBay sends the message that they don?t want, or appreciate, law-abiding gun owners? business. By banning these legal products, eBay is adopting the anti-gun movement?s opposition to all legal gun ownership. Fortunately, gun owners and sportsmen have alternatives. The following companies operate websites designed for the buying and selling of firearms and related products:

and

Gunner Asch

Although I am a pro-gun person, I point out that this is not a new attitude for fleabay, and since it is a private business, they are not violating anyone's rights. So, this is not at all comparable to the government's opposition to legal gun ownership.

Reply to
bo peep

Gun enthusiasts should be looking for alternatives to eBay for online auctions. Sadly eBay has an effective monopoly in its business segment.

Reply to
RadicalModerate

No, we can boycott E-Bay. If you boycott the government, it gets really messy for you.

Reply to
Bob Brock

someone wrote a couple weeks ago about the beginning of shari'a law in the u.s.

just saw this in the paper.

William Wixon

So it looks like Islam has done away with the 1st Amendment.

Fascinating.

Now Im curious...when will the entire nation of Saudi Arabia be given sensitivity training....considering that its illegal to bring a Bible into Saudi Arabia..as in most ME nations.......

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Not in sales of guns, there are several well respected online auction and classified sites for guns.

Ignoramus12500

Many of the weapons specific websites have swap boards, for example,

hot-ham-and-cheese

That Korean dude that killed about 30 people at his university bought a couple of super capacity magazines off of Ebay before he did his shooting spree.

Maybe Ebay wants to avoid situations like that and/or lawsuits once the lawyers figure out some arcane cause of legal action against them. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

I suspect the reaction would be the same if it were a votive painting of the Budda, or a Talmud. Perhaps not a bible, though.

Which is actually worse: it isn't Islam doing away with the first amendment it's the political "correctness" cancer.

Which makes me wonder -- if you can burn a flag to make a point, why can't you chuck someone's sacred symbol in the crapper and have that protected? Is it just that no one has tested it? Has the Supreme Court had anything to say on this?

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I'm not surprised. With the American fascination with litigation, eBay is covering their buts. Besides, those gun-types are undesirable people and should be punished.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Lets see..... They can urinate and defaecate in Christian Churches, burn Bibles and Christians but lo someone disrespect their rag and they blow up.

They are better in legal issues so it seems. I notice a number of act-ups now starting around the country. Hum...

Mart> >

Martin H. Eastburn

Arcane? No, it's easy -- follow the money trail. If there's some rich corporation even remotely connected to an incident where someone gets hurt, they'll get sued.

My father was in the fire service, and once responded to an accident involving a Ford Pinto and a horse. The horse had escaped it's field and was loose on the highway. The Pinto hit the horse, one of whose hooves went through the windshield and killed a front-seat passenger.

He followed the resulting legal action. The folks (and their lawyer) successfully sued Ford, even though the main thrust of the suit was that Ford had saved money on the welds in the roof of the Pinto -- as if a roof with fewer welds would keep a horse's hoof from going through a windshield.

Basically if you're sitting on a pile of money you can just assume that there will be PI lawyers sniffing around it, whether you bear any responsibility for anyone getting hurt or not.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Guns are, after all, defective products because when you point one at someone and pull the trigger, they get hurt.

No, wait...

Reply to
Tim Wescott

it IS kinda interesting. bill moyers (radical left winger) had a gay guy (who lives in holland)

on a couple weeks ago who wrote a book about how islam is eroding freedoms in europe and how it might spread to the u.s.. it just seems interesting that there is any point of consensus amongst the radical left and the radical right. strange bedfellows. they (in europe) don't want to appear to be intolerant. there was a letter to the editor today in my newspaper where a lady commented on the australian offical who said "you can't do it here" (shari'a law), and last night also on bill moyers journal
clive james commented on that guy too, the austrailan official. again, more radical left wingers agreeing w/ radical right wingers.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

Exactly. So Ebay's preemptive action, while not likable by some, makes perfect business sense for them.......and "them" is who Ebay's legal dept. is charged with looking out for. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

To suggest that E-Bay is not violating American's rights is a loose technicality for it does not recognize or enhance them either.

As E-Bay is an American corporation, it has a duty to observe and uphold American Rights, laws and customs. To this end E-Bay could and should handle guns.

Reply to
strabo

Any the woman that ran down and killed her husband a few weeks ago bought gas at Texaco and tires at Sears.

Reply to
strabo

I know, mine is defective too...it's got a hole in it.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yes and?

firing pins, scopes and screws, brass and reloading equipment...oh f*ck yes..theres a recipie for a mass shooting. Never mind the Leftards banned firearms from that campus..making it a safe working environment for mass murderers.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch