clarke spool gun welder

Has anyone here ever used a Clarke 180 amp spool gun welder? I am currently
using a Lincoln sp-170 and it does a great job with aluminum but the feeding
problems are driving me crazy. The clarke welder seems like it would be
ideal.

habbi
I was *just now* looking at Lincoln's Magnum SG spool gun (part #K487-25), which is about $100 less than the Clarke machine you ask about. I'm not sure if the SG will hook up to your current SP-170 or not, but it may be worth your time to ask a dealer about its compatibility with your welder.
Reply to
Artemia Salina
I don't understand your logic, I could get a new more powerful welder (180 vs. 170) which has everything I need including the spool gun and sell my old welder for around 1/2 of what I will spend or spend almost as much to buy an add on kit for my 10+ year old welder. It seems like a no brainer to me if I get some opinions from people that have used the Clarke.
habbi
Ok.
Reply to
Artemia Salina