Ebay Gun Ban Fanatics

Then we can expect Ebay Motors to disappear shortly? All those autoparts that one can expect several to be installed on vehicles that will be involved in possible fatal accidents.

And those nasty machine tool....brrrr...they can really hurt somebody.

Face it folks..if strict liability was Ebays concern..there would be a shitload of catagories that would be shut down.

So its simply the antigun mentality that the movers and shakers inside Ebay that is being promoted here.

Hell...books will be next. Damned dangerous they are....and all those knives and swords.....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Sticking a crucifix in a jar of piss is protected....why not a Quoran?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

all of them ate bread tho ....

Reply to
Myal

Lots of people illegally own firearms. They're called undocumented criminals.

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Dammit, Gunner, there you go applying the null hypothesis to their claims. It just ain't fair!

I worry about those wine making kits. Imagine a person driving an ebay purchased vehicle drinking ebay wine from a kit....mad mothers against ebay wine...

Reply to
hot-ham-and-cheese

Not at all. gunsamerica, auctionarms, and gunbroker are all established sites which are set up specifically to thrive in this market segment. eBay lost most of us when they did their first bone-head move years ago.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Meanwhile mohammed is driving to the airport with a truck load of chemicals osama bought him on ebay.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

You're saying that all U.S. corporations should handle guns. That makes no sense at all.

-- Robert Sturgeon Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Robert Sturgeon

I should have gone into more detail; as a general online auction house, eBay doesn't have much in the line of competition, thus would be hard to boycott when it comes to other, non-gun-related merchandise.

I wonder if PayPal will soon mirror eBay's total anti-gun policies?

Reply to
RadicalModerate

With the thousands of laws on the books, you're going to tell me that you have never broken one single law? Everyone is a criminal by your definition.

BTW, the generally accepted definition of "criminal" is someone convicted of a crime.

Reply to
Bob Brock

posted to RCM only

On Sun, 5 Aug 2007 15:43:53 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@attnn.com (RadicalModerate) quickly quoth:

If they do, BidPay and others will make record profits next year. Buy stock now!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I expect that it is, if you're willing to say it was political speech and if you're willing to pay for lawyers to take it all the way to the supreme court.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Thanks for that post and the links. I've got a trio of High Standard magazines I was about to list on ebay. I'll use one of the outfits you mentioned instead.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

No. Every business has a specialty and cultivates a market. I'm saying that an American auction house ought not act as a social change agent.

It is one thing for the auctioneer to say that handling great works of art like a Rembrandt is beyond its ability or marketing capacity, it is another for that auctioneer to refuse to handle paint brushes.

While the owner of an auction house might have a policy against selling guns for personal or legal reasons, what does it mean when prohibiting any representation of guns becomes policy?

Guns are our custom and right. They are important. E-bay is targeting anything having to do with guns. It is a social and political statement designed to dovetail with a larger agenda. It is a blatant anti-America stance.

Reply to
strabo

Nobody ever claimed that Andres Serrano's "Piss Christ" was political speech. It is allegedly a work of art, and therefore allegedly protected by the Constitution.

Of course, the First Amendment doesn't say "Congress shall make no law ... [too bad they didn't stop right there!] ... abridging the freedom of expression."

It clearly says "speech".

Not "expression". Not "dancing". Not "sculpture". Not "painting". Not what-have-you. Speech.

It is my fond hope that someday the Supreme Court will have at least five justices seated who understand the difference.

Reply to
Doug Miller

It means that the owner of that private business has decided to run his business in the way that suits him.

Got a problem with that? Do business with his competitors instead.

Can't find any competitors to do business with? Start your own business, and compete with him yourself.

That's The American Way.

It's a private business, which its owners can run as they damn please.

Reply to
Doug Miller

For which model? I can use 101 series mags

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Why not? If I ran an auction house and decided to sell ONLY guns, because I want people to have guns, is there anything wrong with that? A person is completely free to manage his business so as to cause social change, if that is what he wants to do with it.

And exactly why shouldn't an auctioneer refuse to handle paint brushes???

It means that the business wants nothing to do with guns. BFD.

They are to me.

As is their right.

So don't deal with them. I don't. It doesn't seem to have hurt me any.

I thought you were something of a libertarian. Apparently that only covers people who do what you want them to do.

-- Robert Sturgeon Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Robert Sturgeon

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned Gunner Asch wrote on Sun, 05 Aug 2007

01:39:26 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Because the people who consider a crucifix holy, aren't as likely to kill the "artist", the gallery owner, the gallery patrons, etc; as those who consider the Koran holy. For which any number of gangsta rappers should be very grateful.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Many anti-gun places have laws that require a gun license per gun and if you forget or miss the date - guess what - they steal the guns from you as they are 'criminal'.

Laws like that are crap. Aged people often can't do as is required and therefore are under the gun by just getting old.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn