New Stuff on the NEMES website

Just back from my annual trip to Oshkosh WI. this year my friend and former NEMES president Norm Jones went with me and we had a GREAT time.

Now up on the we site are photos from Oshkosh (Experimental Aircraft convention and air show), our visit to the 18th annual Rosholt Area Thresheree. Coming soon are photos of our visit to Rich Carelstadt's shop in Green Bay WI (Rich is a craftsman extradornaire!!), our visit to the 7th Annual Metamora IL. Antique Tractor and Engine show, a visit to Ohio Brush, owned by Tom Gordon a regular over on alt.machine.cnc and our visit to the William G. Mather a great lakes freighter now open as a museum.

This will take a bit of time as there are a ton of photos and video to process and assemble to have a bit of patience please.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology H.H. Ellis Technical High School

613 Upper Maple Street Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society

Errol Groff

Ohio Brush, owned by Tom Gordon

Are you sure of that name? :-) ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

I am sure that I miswrote it. Tom Gardner is his name. Sorry Tom, I wrote that when I was at the end of a marathon picture processing and page building session.

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:34:56 -0600, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew Hartswick quickly quoth:

Yeah, it's supposed to be Flash Gordon, innit? I mean if Bob's yer Uncle, Tawm's yer Gardener.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hey Errol,

Thank You!! Right up to your regular standard, and looks like you all had a good time.

One "question" regards Richards models. Hypocycloid, to me, describes a different type engine "motion" than that shown. To me, hypocycloid engines will have a rotating wheel within a fixed wheel, normally in the form of two gears of equal pitch with the inner rotating one having 1/2 the radius of the fixed one. This was to avoid using Watts patented "crosshead and crank ", still allowing a linear piston motion to be converted to rotary motion. Do I have this wrong?

Take care.

Brian Laws>

Reply to
Brian Lawson

You have it spot on Brian. The piston shaft has vertical motion. On the end of the piston rod is a gear within a gear and operates as you describe.

I am hoping for an email from Rich to add to the captions on the page and he can better describe the action. You may have seen the engine at NAMES or Cabin Fever.

Errol

Reply to
Errol Groff