1x42 belt sander question

The belt on a borrowed 1x42 belt sander I've been using is great for taking
the sharp edges off some sterling 16 ga. cut-outs I'm making. It is nearly
immortal. I tried replacing it with an aluminum oxide belt but it didn't
last very long. There is no longer any information printed on the backing
of the blue immortal one I've just about worn out. The owner is 87 and
can't remember what it is or where he got it. So, hopefully someone on
this newsgroup can steer me in the right direction--what is the best
durable abrasive for soft metal?
TIA,
Mouse
Reply to
Mouse
Blue...............Zirconia alumina Norton at you industrial supplier.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
Thanks, Dan. That's the information I was looking for.
Mouse
Reply to
Mouse
On 05 Aug 2007 03:18:46 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Mouse quickly quoth:
The blue is a zirconia alumina belt. It's the best abrasive I've seen. Try
I'd have suggested a couple others but when I went to check them, they were gone from both eBay and offline.
Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch
I have it...
I cut the hyperlink with a return. Paste in two parts.
The blue are there - you might want the gold.
I use the blue on steel.
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Mouse wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
I ordered a few belts from BarbKat on eBay and wasn't too happy. A accidentally ordered carborundum instead of zirconia via the "buy it now" button. I wrote her an email telling her I'd gladly pay the difference if she would change the order. It took her a week or so to get back to me and all she did was told me I had to pay and reported me to eBay as a deadbeat. I was not too happy with the service.
Reply to
jpolaski
Odd...Ive always had good dealings with her.
Maybe you caught her PMSing?
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner Asch