lead paint testkit

Does anyone have a lead paint testing kit? I am curious if the tools and machines we use every day have lead in the paint just like the toys do. If I can find a kit, I'm going to test my Grizzly mill/drill. I know it was made in China.

My $0.02 worth. Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Even if they do have paint in them, they would only harm you if you ate that paint (like kids do on a regular basis).

Ignoramus12500

If you have a kid chewing on your lathe the kid has more serious problems then what lead could give him.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 21:24:34 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, co snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com quickly quoth:

OhMyBuddha! Don't do that, Paul! You could unleash the DEADLY LEAD PARTICLES. Check with OSHA and the DEQ before you do anything so totally dangerous and unsafe as that.

(Now I'm gonna throw up.)

The real response: Who freaking CARES if it might have a bit of lead in the paint? You're not going to feed the entire machine tool to your grandson, are you? Drop it. It's a moot issue.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Why are you even concerned? Are you planning on eating some of the paint? ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

At least for houses in New England, it's arguably a legal blunder to get a private house tested for lead paint. Most houses built before 1978 have lead paint - it was the good stuff, and was widely used, especially on exteriors. And lead paint stayed bright white, even as it weathered. White houses are an icon in New England.

That it was poisonous was also widely known, for centuries. So, you kept the paint in good repair.

Then the world changed, lead was a bad thing. But all those icons were still white, thick with lead. Millions of them.

When one sells a house these days, one is asked to certify its freedom from lead paint. But you can also say "unknown" if it has never been formally tested. It has no obvious effect on the marketability of an old house to say "unknown", so that's what's done. Nobody is fooled.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

or just Google [lead paint "test kit"]

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Dont tell him there is asbestos GASP! in his brake pads/shoes....you are gonna make a pedestrian out of him....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 08:39:53 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

And if he ever finds out that there's asbestos in his popcorn ceiling or that his carpets/drapes/upholstery were all made with formaldehyde, he's a goner, fer sher.

That's IF he survives Global Warming(kumbaya).

Reply to
Larry Jaques

What can I say, the Golden Gate isn't as it was - Eco's forced a paint change. Just like they did on the Naval ships - but that caused problems with the hull.

Marti

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn