OT-Kerry Resume

rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

I guess Gunner is feeling better...starting up with the political shit again. Wanna hear about my religion?

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn

One of my techs is a "Frisbitarian". He believes that when he dies, he flies up on the roof to spend eternity. I told him that he will most likely land under the TV antenna full of birds.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Vaughn wrote in article ...

Sure, why not?

I can avoid reading your religious posts just about as easily as you can avoid reading Gunner's posts - if you so wished....

....but YOUR problem begins when you click on Gunner's posts, so whose fault is that?

Why not simply avoid Gunner's posts if they upset you so much?

I suspect, however, you would much rather read them and complain.

Reply to
Bob Paulin

"I think we agree, the past is over."

-Geo. W. Bush

Reply to
wallster

You may notice that I avoid religion.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Point, set and match.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

That is the kiss of death for me.

Reply to
Clark Magnuson

The thing about the GWB resume is that there are no stupid little comments that explain to the reader what the author is trying to convey.

These are rampant in the Kerry resume. Really bad writing. Plays only to people who don't need to be convinced.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Hmmm, I wonder if Kerry is related to Paul Martin...?

One depressed WESTERN Canadian,

Intrepid

Reply to
Intrepid

Fricken Harper supporters!

One relieved Ontarian...

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

Ah, Gunner advocates spam! Golden! ;o)

(But indeed, please educate me on how it is any different.)

Tim

Tim Williams

Well, at least we have most of the oil rigs...

It will be very interesting to see how long ontario lasts when Quebec separates, and we in the west form our own, truly democratic, country.

Yes, I am a Harper supporter. As far as I am concerned, he is the only hope for this country. Not Martin and his band of thieves...

Adscam, the gun registry that does absolutely no good, Martin's own off-shore shipping business, healthcare, our sadly abused military, the list goes on, and on...

You have obviously fallen victim to the Fiberals fear and smear campaign, with regards to Harper. Has it ever occured to you that the Fiberals have been lying to you for the last few years...?

Eyes wide open,

Intrepid

Reply to
Intrepid

You want metal content? Come to Ontario...

Yes, that's certainly in the near future now...

I didn't say Martin was a good choice. I certainly don't think Harper is any type of choice.

Talk to Americans in this and other groups who either don't have health insurance or who have to pay exceptionally high rates to get it. Only liberty and justice for all - not doctors!

I think we'd be marching into Iraq to fight for Bush's oil if Harper had won a majority. That's an excellent use of my highschool friends' lives..! (It's THEIR debacle. Let THEM deal with it.)

You're exactly right about the gun registry and the sponsorship scandal, however.

I think this minority government is the best thing that could have happened. You're right that the Liberals are liers but Harper scares a lot of people. I know many gay people and I don't appriciate Harper's view on their lifestyle (as if they have a choice). His view of Asian imagrants is also impressive.

I think had he won a minority government, we would have had another election before our southern friends. Harper has a proven track record of no comprimise. Do you remember Ontario's Mike Harris?

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 17:15:00 -0400, "Robin S." calmly ranted:

Happy belated Canada Day. To celebrate, read this: (from a friend)

--snip-- Now that Vancouver has won the chance to host the 2010 "Winter Olympics", the following are some questions people the world over are asking (questions allegedly posted on an International Tourism Website).

Q: I have never seen it warm on Canadian TV, so how do the plants grow? (UK) A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around and watch them die.

Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street? (USA) A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

Q: I want to walk from Vancouver to Toronto - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden) A: Sure, it's only four thousand miles, take lots of water.

Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Canada? (Sweden) A: So it's true what they say about Swedes.

Q: It is imperative that I find the names and addresses of places to contact for a stuffed Beaver. (Italy) A: Let's not touch this one.

Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Canada? Can you send me a list of them in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Halifax? (UK) A: What did your last slave die of?

Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Canada? (USA) A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Ca-na-da is that big country to your North . . . oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Calgary. Come naked.

Q: Which direction is North in Canada? (USA) A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get there and we'll send the rest of the directions.

Q: Can I bring cutlery into Canada? (UK) A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA) A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is...oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir! plays every Tuesday night in Vancouver and in Calgary, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

Q: Do you have perfume in Canada? (Germany) A: No, WE don't stink.

Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in Canada? (USA) A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

Q: Can you tell me the regions in British Columbia where the female population is smaller than the male population? (Italy) A: Yes, gay nightclubs.

Q: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada? (USA) A: Only at Thanksgiving.

Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round? (Germany) A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gatherers. Milk is illegal.

Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada, but I forget its name. It's a kind of big horse with horns. (USA) A: It's called a Moose. They are tall and very violent, eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. You ! can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

Q: I was in Canada in 1969 on R+R, and I want to contact the girl I dated while I was staying in Surrey, BC. Can you help? (USA) A: Yes, and you will still have to pay her by the hour.

Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA) A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first.

--snip--

---------------------------------------------- Never attempt to traverse a chasm in two leaps

Comprehensive Website Design ===========================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So much for another winger on marriage & "family values".

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

He's probably a better marksman than Bush, though.

(Yes, he does shoot.)

Reply to
Jonathan Hendry

So he claims.

Do you know wether or not Bush shoots? And how well?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

17 of 25, with a borrowed gun.
about his skill with a rifle. But if he wants to claim that he is a decent wing shot, I'll buy that. Especially given the circumstances.

Well, can't find the direct quote now, but seem to remember him saying some years back that, given a choice of blowing out an eardrum with a rifle blast, fleeing to Canada, or joining the Texas Air National Guard, he chose to join the Guard. So he must, at one time, had access to a rifle. I haven't seen any references to his personal use of firearms, other than that one.

Dale Scroggins

Reply to
Dale Scroggins

While I dont agree with the often times concilliatory compromises the NRA offers up to the antis...from the same article...

"The National Rifle Association has given Kerry an "F" rating, which the Bush campaign has been citing this week as one of the "Top 10 Reasons Why John Kerry Is Wrong for Rural America.""

Rifle blast or jet blast..decisions decisions...

Given Bush's pro Second Ammendment stance...and pro individual Rights stance, I dont care if he can do a mediocre 17/25 or not.

When it comes to the right to keep and bear arms, there seems to be at least two John Kerry?s - the one that talks and the one that walks.

Like most anti-gun politicians across the nation, Democrat Presidential Candidate John Kerry is shelving his anti-gun rhetoric and suddenly claiming he supports the Second Amendment and believes hunting is the greatest of American pastimes. It's a politically calculated effort to mislead gun owners, lull us into complacency and dilute the sportsmen vote. Here is a question gun owners should ask John Kerry - Why should the millions of NRA members in America vote for you when you have said, "I don't want to be the candidate of NRA in this country?"

Democrat John Kerry found his new appreciation for the Second Amendment because, "Democrats remember the Million Mom March hurt them at the ballot box. The last thing many of them want is another hootenanny regarding guns..."(The Richmond Times Dispatch, 6/5/03) Here are the facts.

Kerry voted for the Kennedy ammunition ban amendment which, if enacted, would have banned many hunting rounds including the popular Winchester .30-.30. (3/2/04, S.AMDT.2619 to S.1805, Vote 28)

"His act isn't likely to win many converts in the South, for example, and his decision to fly back to Washington to slap gun owners last week will be remembered in what have come to be known as the "red" states more than his participation in that pheasant hunt in Iowa a few months ago."(3/9/04 The Hill)

"He (Kerry)...last week left the campaign trail for the Capitol to cast a series of antigun votes."(3/8/04 Why Do Dems Lose in the South? The Wall Street Journal)

"Kerry, Daschle, Feinstein and other Democrats, and their cheerleaders in the press, think that by killing the gun lawsuit protection bill after loading it with anti-gun amendments, they won something. Perhaps, but in so doing, they sacrificed any credibility they may have built with gun owners over the past couple of years."(3/5/04 The Atlanta Journal - Constitution)

"[t]here is a gap between America's Field & Stream gun owners and the NRA's Soldier of Fortune leaders..."(John Kerry on Floor of Senate

3/2/04 urging reenactment of the Clinton Gun Ban)

"Kerry's position on gun control is a lot like most of his positions ? he is and he isn't. He has called gun owners special interests in an effort to taint the NRA with the same kind of malodorous quality Democrats have cheerily ascribed to Halliburton."(03/04/04 The Seattle Times - Gun-shy Democrats still can't shoot straight)

"Despite ridiculous rhetoric about being a supporter of the Second Amendment, Kerry`s voting record shows that his perennial F-rating from NRA`s Political Victory Fund is well deserved. The Massachusetts Senator, who has been AWOL from Washington for months while he`s been running for President, returned to Washington on Tuesday, and spoke in favor of, and then voted for, the Feinstein (Clinton Gun Ban) Amendment. Senator Kerry also voted for the McCain-Reed gun show amendment. These were the first votes Kerry had cast this year."(3/5/04 NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert)

"Kerry ? supported the gun ban legislation. Feinstein revealed perhaps more than she should have when she admitted, ?We would have lost without them (Kerry and Edwards). They were vital.?"(3/5/04 The Atlanta Journal - Constitution)

"If we don't act today to continue the ban on these deadly weapons, then our families in America, our police officers in America, are more threatened than they ought to be," Mr. Kerry said in remarks shortly before the vote.(3/02/04 New York Times report about Senate floor debate on reenactment of the Clinton Gun Ban)

"Kerry has placed the gun issue ... firmly back into the presidential debate" (3/3/04 Senate Leaders Scuttle Gun Bill Over Changes, New York Times)

"I've fought the NRA from Day One..." Kerry told supporters in McKinney's machinery shed. (11/01/2003 Kerry criticizes Dean's gun views, The Des Moines Register)

Presumptive Democratic nominee John Kerry, he said, "is certainly no friend of the Second Amendment."(04/06/2004 Wayne LaPierre quoted in the Washington, PA Observer-Reporter article Pittsburgh to host NRA convention )

" Voted with the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and Handgun Control, Inc. (now known as the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence) 100 percent of the time."(11/17/03 Votes and Quotes CNSNews.com Special Feature )

"I rise to lend my support to? the organizers and marchers of the Million Mom March and urge the juvenile justice conference to include the Senate-passed gun control measures in its report?"( ? Sen. John Kerry, Congressional Record, May 17, 2000)

" John Kerry has earned an F rating from Gun Owners of America and the NRA for his voting record." (11/17/03 Votes and Quotes CNSNews.com Special Feature )

"I don't want to be the candidate of the NRA in this country. I don't think the Democratic Party should be the candidacy of the NRA." (11/4/03, Democratic Presidential Debate in Boston)

" Opposes the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (H.R. 1036 / S. 659), which grants gun manufacturers, distributors and dealers immunity from lawsuits. " (11/17/03, Votes and Quotes CNSNews.com Special Feature )

Voted for a Senate Amendment expressing the sense of the Senate supporting the Million Mom March. (5/17/00 S.AMDT. 3148 to S.2521, Vote 104)

" Voted in favor of a five-day waiting period on handgun purchases (H.R. 1025 / S. 414) in 1993. " (11/17/03, Votes and Quotes CNSNews.com Special Feature)

" We cannot afford to be a party that reads the wrong lessons from the last elections. Shame on us if we believe that we have to retreat from our principles and suddenly that something like gun safety is not important in America. I come here to tell you, we can't go out and win elections by throwing out our principles. I won't do it. " (10/4/2003, Democratic National Committee Fall Meeting)

John Kerry supports legislation to end gun shows as we know them. (12/5/2003, CNS News)

" The John Kerry website says the candidate opposes the NRA's 'divisive agenda'. " (12/5/2003, CNS News )

Gunner

"The Second Amendment is not about killing little ducks and leaving Huey, Dewey and Louie without an Aunt and Uncle. It is about hunting politicians" -- former US Rep. Bob Dornan

Reply to
Gunner