Manual for Hitachi V-525 O'scope needed

A buddy brought me over a Oscilloscope last night he picked up at a yard sale for $15 and gave it to me. It appears to be working, but Id sure like to have a manual to figure out what all the knobs and buttons and the digital on screen numbers mean.

Its a Hitachi v-525 50mhz two channel scope. I have one set of leads. Looking on Ebay..tis very similar to the V355, with the exception of the curser controls for the on screen numbers.

This thing appears to be in excellent shape. Came from the estate of the local radio/tv guy who passed a few months ago.

I could sure use this at work, if I can figure it out.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

try asking on rec.antiques.radio+phono

Reply to
william_b_noble

Thank you Sir. I found it on the net after some diligence. I found it..in German..and then really started hunting... Found an ftp site with all the Hitachi manuals

Respects

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Hi, Gunner,

would you mind posting a link to that ftp site? I just bought the exact same scope, and need the same manual. I have searched and searched, and have not found it.

THANKS!

svs95

Reply to
svs95

After 2 years..and a couple server crashes..I cant find it in my files. I can find a 29k file with a .wd_ extension that is labled Hitachi V-525....but thats all. Im running a full search on the entire network in case its archived somewhere..but it will take a couple hours to run.

No idea where I found it. I did download the service manual for the

425..which is very similar, and can send it to you, but Im on dialup..so thought Id ask before I did.

About 6 megs in 4 files

or if you have high speed...

be sure to get files 0-4

Gunner