Manual for Hitachi V-525 O'scope needed

A buddy brought me over a Oscilloscope last night he picked up at a
yard sale for $15 and gave it to me. It appears to be working, but Id
sure like to have a manual to figure out what all the knobs and
buttons and the digital on screen numbers mean.
Its a Hitachi v-525 50mhz two channel scope. I have one set of leads.
Looking on Ebay..tis very similar to the V355, with the exception of
the curser controls for the on screen numbers.
This thing appears to be in excellent shape. Came from the estate of
the local radio/tv guy who passed a few months ago.
I could sure use this at work, if I can figure it out.
Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's
cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays
there.
- George Orwell
Reply to
Gunner
try asking on rec.antiques.radio+phono
Reply to
william_b_noble
Thank you Sir. I found it on the net after some diligence. I found it..in German..and then really started hunting... Found an ftp site with all the Hitachi manuals
Respects
Gunner
That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell
Reply to
Gunner
Hi, Gunner,
would you mind posting a link to that ftp site? I just bought the exact same scope, and need the same manual. I have searched and searched, and have not found it.
THANKS!
svs95
Reply to
svs95
After 2 years..and a couple server crashes..I cant find it in my files. I can find a 29k file with a .wd_ extension that is labled Hitachi V-525....but thats all. Im running a full search on the entire network in case its archived somewhere..but it will take a couple hours to run.
No idea where I found it. I did download the service manual for the 425..which is very similar, and can send it to you, but Im on dialup..so thought Id ask before I did.
About 6 megs in 4 files
or if you have high speed...
be sure to get files 0-4
Gunner