recognize these endmill holders?

I have these endmill holders. I dont know what machine they fit, but they are in excellent shape and surplus to my needs.

Anyone know what they fit?

Anyone need them?

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Grant Erwin

Thats an odd duck

Reply to
Wayne

Tree

Reply to
Kath

Yep, You are showin' your age Kath. Gave me a headache to see them after all these years but I once cut cavities for low pressure molds ( gravity fed ) on a Tree dual rotary that used these things. Parabolic lens Injection molds as well. Great machine and if your math was good you were golden.

Reply to
J. R. Carroll

Thanks Kathy.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

How were they held in? Ive been around a lot of old machines in the last few years, but never saw these before.

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

I've only ever seen them on a manual vertical milling machine. I seem to recall a special spanner-type wrench that you used to tighten or loosen the cam-lock thingie that rides a couple of pins in those slots

Reply to
Kath

Those holders are called Rapidaptor made by Kingman White. They fit a master holder available with many shanks like R8, 30mm,40mm, MT etc. Push a detent button and give a quarter twist and they are out of the spindle.

Reply to
ShakasCaregiver

That's it! I knew I remembered using these a few years ago, we had them on a Tree miller I ran occasionally.

Jim Kovar Vulcan, Mi.

Reply to
Jim Kovar

These holders are for the famous "RAPIDAPTER" - for Rapid adapter I suppose. The device is still available but I don't think they are manufactured by the original company. The device fits in the machine spindle and has a large knurled ring around the outside that , when rotated, is locked in the open position by a large ball detent that protrudes through a hole in the knurled ring. The holder is shoved up into the tapered I.D. of the adapter aligning the slot in the holder with the locking bolt in the adapter. The ball detent is then depressed and the holder is held solidly when the locking bolt rotates into position under spring tension.

Reply to
TheManFromUtopia

Hi Gunner..

I took a look at these holders. I'm puzzled. I don't know what they fit; but Why do they look as though the camlock feature is built backwards for a right hand end mill ?

It looks like if you turned the power and started cutting the holder would release. I must be seeing this backwards.

Please let me know what YOU see. *Smile

Happy mother's day. *g

Regards,

Stan-

Reply to
Stanley Dornfeld

Ah--Ha! That's why the cam lock looks like it's made backwards. It's held by an external ring.

Whew! I thought I was seeing things.

Thanks,

Stan-

Reply to
Stanley Dornfeld

Hmm ... looks like it would not take kindly to a left-hand end mill. Were there some with the cam slots reversed?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols