Gatling gun

I just recieved the plans for my next long term project. It's a 22lr cal. Gatling gun. 10 barrels 12" long This thing is going to be a blast! Check out the web site

I spoke on the phone with the chief cook and bottle washer for quite a while. He's very friendly and helpful. Tom remove pyrotecnic device to e-mail

Reply to
Tom Wait

--How detailed are the plans? Seems to me I got a peek at the RG-G plans many moons ago and they looked pretty lame..

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
Tom Wait

Ah, I have a set of plans for one also, 6 barrels though. R.I.G. corp for mine. Very long term project, unless I get started on the silly thing...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

RG-G, that's the set I have. No, they're pretty complete, I haven't found any "guess-gaps" on them yet, but I also haven't started the actual machining yet either.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I have seen finished models at NAMES. Very impressive. Don't know which set of plans this builder used though. Just curious how long you think it will take to build. chuck

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

The seller said his standard answer to the "how long" question is 500 hours. A lot of variables can change that figure. One chap on the forum is almost finished with his gun and he guessed 200-300 hours. I'll be keeping track of my time as I plan to sell it and build more. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

Got your FFL manufacturer's license in order?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Reply to
Tom Wait

I have the RG-G plans and they are all pretty good, I've run into a bit of a snag though. Mine was put into storage and unfortunately it leaked :( Some moisture got into the shed, and now my plans are bleeding. Would anyone know how or where I can replace these plans? I've had mine for about 10 years or so.

Rusty

Reply to
Rusty

Go to the website

.You can order the plans there. I would recomend the CD also. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

There's no need, so long as it is for your own use.

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan

As I've been given to understand, that's true only if it comes onto your property as raw chunks of metal, then never leaves your property again for any reason whatsoever.

But, since the fellow has clearly stated that he intends to make and sell, he's definitely going to be needing *AT LEAST* a dealer's license if he wants to keep the BATF off his back.

Reply to
Don Bruder

Not needed if you don't sell it!

David

Reply to
David R. Birch

I believe that he needs a license for making a full auto gun. You are correct that he would not need a license for making a gun for himself, but that applies only to non-auto guns. It is an NFA issue.

Ignoramus8243

Reply to
Ron Moore

Which again goes to show how absurd gun control laws are. Turning by hand = good. Turning by motor = bad. Ridiculous!

Reply to
DeepDiver

I thought that the Gatling gun was not an automatic gun, since you have to rotate the lever continuously to fire it.

Abrasha

Abrasha

This is another seller of plans, also very helpful

Abrasha

Abrasha

Contact the guy, I've talked to him in the past and he seems reasonable. Might offer you an upgrade to the current plans for a discount given that you've bought the plans from him already. Let me know how that works out, actually...

Reply to
Dave Hinz