Ampco 45 bronze

Is this worth the time to put on ebay, or can someone here use it? Don't have much, just one rod about 1.5" D, maybe 3 feet long. If it's of any interest, I'll measure with a real stick...

thanks, bill

Reply to
Bill Martin

I've been wanting to try some bronze work of about that size, and would be delighted to have a piece to work with. email me with what you want for the material and shipping.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
Tom Wait

Unless you need the properties of this material, you'll be happier with something else. It's a nickel aluminum bronze, and unlike some other brasses and bronzes, no fun at all to work with.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Yes, true. It's nasty to machine, look at

for the particulars. Kind of a specialty material. Heavy too. Location is Escondido, Ca. 92027. Near San Diego if not familiar.

Reply to
Bill Martin

Hmm. It may be difficult to work but there's been several jobs where I wished I had a alloy like that. I'd be willing to take it if nobody else wants it.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

I discovered that when looking at it's properties. Not the friendliest stuff in the world. Thanks for your offer and advice and I will respectfully retract my message of interest.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Tom,

I sent you an email, which bounced. Please reply to my email address (valid) if you want to discuss further.

Bill

Tom Wait wrote:

Reply to
Bill Martin