A basic set up to weld aluminum with a airco 300 square wave

I cannot find a manual for this,I have with much time and flipping this switch that nob finally got it stick welding.great but my issue is ,I was a pipe welder for years useing GTAW and stick every day usually with 70 series rod and filler wire for Tig bit never in my life ran into a older machine like this old girl,got it to do aluminum looking for a simple setup starting point to just get started a basic starting point there is so many nobs and switches it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could give me a starting point with that perticular machine what my settings would ruffly be for 3/32 tungsten and filler wire for.3/16 aluminum plate Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help me out here

Reply to
Mikec

I cannot find a manual for this,I have with much time and flipping this switch that nob finally got it stick welding.great but my issue is ,I was a pipe welder for years useing GTAW and stick every day usually with 70 series rod and filler wire for Tig bit never in my life ran into a older machine like this old girl,got it to do aluminum looking for a simple setup starting point to just get started a basic starting point there is so many nobs and switches it would be greatly appreciated if someone out there could give me a starting point with that perticular machine what my settings would ruffly be for 3/32 tungsten and filler wire for.3/16 aluminum plate Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help me out here

Reply to
Mikec

Controls look similar to a Miller Syncrowave. Get a manual for that machine. Look for an older Syncrowave 350.

contactor = remote for a foot pedal or finger tip switch.

Weld current = local, or remote if using a foot pedal or finger tip control.

crater fill = OFF

spot time = OFF

start current = OFF

preflow = set to 1

post flow = set to 5 - 10 or to keep tungsten clean.

ac balance = full CW for max penetration ( clean your work piece first) or start at 50/50

pulsar = off, ignore the rest of those controls.

high freq = ON Continuous ( always continuous for AC TIG )

Big switch set to AC

range = high

amps = 150

That should get you started.