Airco 300 Squarewave question

I have the opportunity to pick up an Airco 300 Squarewave welder,
"Airco 300 AC/DC Square Wave welder, 208/230/460 V, Single Phase,
Bernard cooler, cart, Foot pedal, Cables, Victor gas gage, S/N MH 408057"
Seller wants $500 for it. It has the digital readout displays for welding current, welding voltage and a third which I cannot read in the photograph. Lots of knobs, buttons and all manner of nifty stuff including the torch etc.
I currently have (no pun intended) a Lincoln Tig 250/250
Which is the better machine for general utility work in all metals? Tig/stick
I cannot afford both, but can sell the Lincoln to buy the other.
Gunner
"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem. To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized, merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Made by Mid States, not Miller, so if parts blow you are out of luck. We finally retired ours at school. Weirdest arc I have ever seen on a TIG.

The Lincoln was the better machine, but depending on how old or out of service the high freq unit is, the Airco may outweld it.
Torch, water cooler, foot pedal and flow guage is about $500 worth of gear.

I would stick with the Lincoln 9if it works well. If it is dying, then the Airco may be a wise move.
You should really keep your eyes open for a old Syncrowave 300 or 250.

I have a mid/late eighties version that I got at the tank plant auction years ago, but only recently hooked it up. The third display is only a backlit plastic lens with a squarewave pattern. It's got controls for crater fill, start current, pulse, spot, and pre/post flow. I've not used the TIG equipment yet, and it's been years since I've welded anyway, so I couldn't attest to Ernies comment about the weird TIG arc.
Gunner wrote:

Stick.
Hey, how'd you come out on the old Hobart portable you mentioned a while back?
John

Ive done nothing so far. I need to go see if its still available and if so, test it out.
Want it?
Gunner
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke