Gatling gun

BIG gold star.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Why? So they can tell who they can get away with mouthing off to/asaulting/robbing/etc without needing to worry about finding themselves looking down the wrong end of a gun?

Sure cure for that little difficulty: Assume, whether they are or not, that *EVERYONE YOU EVER ENCOUNTER* is carrying, and that every one of them has a screaming case of PMS or its equivalent, and behave accordingly. Or in other words, don't f*ck with *ANYBODY*, and none of them, whether packing or not, are likely to consider shooting you.

No, because there are none. The requirement for government permission in the form of a permit is already more people knowing you're carrying (or might be) than should have that knowledge.

Reply to
Don Bruder

"DeepDiver" wrote

Just posing hypotheticals to expose the gray area and absurdities in the

was crystal clear and ironclad, there wouldn't be much work for the lawyers.

It's more concielable. I have no use for a shotgun with a barrel under 18". It's really only good for close in gunfights with people. My 21" slug barrel is just as efective for said purpose and as a bonus will group 2 1/2 " at 50 yards.

It seems a lot of stupid laws get passed in Cal. Maybe because stupid people elect stupid legislators and executives, which isn't a problem exclusive to California. But it seems the left coast is on the cutting edge.

True. Buy up everything you can afford now before it gets changed. All the goodies will be grandfathered in , and the prices will rise.

A pretty safe bluff considering the republicans control both houses of Congress.

And you can bet that President Hillary

You assume WAY too much. This country will never elect a woman to the white house. in our lifetimes. Not mine anyway.

I said some regulations are not clearly unconstitutional. The second amendment is pretty clear, but there is disagreement among many over what it means exactly. Some believe the reference to a militia means the National Guard. I believe the militia refered to is the people not in the military who have a right to bear arms just like the military has. In other words an M-16 full auto with a grenade launcher if I so choose. However I do not argue with the regulations precluding felons from owning machineguns or any other firearm. There are enough law abiding citizens in the country to take care of homeland security should the armed forces fail to do the job orworse, turn on the people.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

"Gunner Asch" wrote > JUNEAU, Alaska A new anti-gun control law goes into effect in Alaska Big snip--- Ther are some right thinkers in Alaska. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

"Gunner Asch" wrote. "There are all kinds of reasons why people might want

I can't think of any. Did Frank Deaner name one? I should email the guy and ask what reasons there are. Put or shut up. Tom

Reply to
Tom Wait

If you know who IS carrying then you know everyone else is not and you can offer them a loaner until they get their own.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Are you referring to Don B.'s post? I believe that that's incorrect.

:

(A7) Does the GCA prohibit anyone from making a handgun, shotgun or rifle?

With certain exceptions a firearm may be made by a nonlicensee provided it is not for sale and the maker is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from making a semiautomatic assault weapon or assembling a nonsporting semiautomatic rifle or nonsporting shotgun fromimported parts. In addition, the making of an NFA firearm requires a tax payment and approval by ATF. An application to make a machinegun will not beapproved unless documentation is submitted showing that the firearm is being made for a federal or state agency. [18 U. S. C. 922( o), (r), (v), and 923, 27 CFR 178.39, 178.40, 178.41 and 179.105]

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Good point, Andy. Hadn't thought of that. But, I'm guessing that isn't the intent of the idiot in question, somehow.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

The National Guard was formed in 1907

The 2nd Am was written in 1787