RIP james brady

We've finally been relieved of future injuries from him.

He gets shot by a psychotic would-be presidential assassin: So, his solution? Punish every single other law-abiding gun-owner in the country.

G'bye! We will NOT miss you. Don't come back.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

We've finally been relieved of future injuries from him.

He gets shot by a psychotic would-be presidential assassin: So, his solution? Punish every single other law-abiding gun-owner in the country.

G'bye! We will NOT miss you. Don't come back.

Lloyd

[Ed]

You would have done better to say nothing at all, Lloyd.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:xfVDv.174617$ snipped-for-privacy@fx05.iad:

Some people have done great harm to our society, Ed. He was one of them. They deserve to be remembered in the same light as they dealt with our people.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:xfVDv.174617$ snipped-for-privacy@fx05.iad:

Some people have done great harm to our society, Ed. He was one of them. They deserve to be remembered in the same light as they dealt with our people.

Lloyd

========================================================== [Ed]

I don't think he did a damned bit of harm. And with his brain damage, I certainly wouldn't pin any harm on him, if there was any.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:WqVDv.149047$ snipped-for-privacy@fx13.iad:

He was motor damaged. Nobody ever intimated he couldn't think on his own. In fact, they made quite a case for how he was doing this of his own accord, only using full-faculty people to carry out the work.

His wife Sarah is a pariah, too, and for the same reasons. If she was actually the 'brains' of the liberty-killing outfit, then all the more.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I'll just remember that you seem to think it's perfectly OK to speak ill of the dead, Lloyd.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Hell, Lloyd. His wife has been ten times worse than him. Those gun grabbers are just as bad as the psychotics doing the killing.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in news:WqVDv.149047$ snipped-for-privacy@fx13.iad:

He was motor damaged. Nobody ever intimated he couldn't think on his own. In fact, they made quite a case for how he was doing this of his own accord, only using full-faculty people to carry out the work.

His wife Sarah is a pariah, too, and for the same reasons. If she was actually the 'brains' of the liberty-killing outfit, then all the more.

Lloyd

[Ed]

They tried to make it sound like he was all there. But, if you paid attention during the interviews with the two of them, he wasn't.

As for "liberty-killing," that's a matter that's gone up and down in recent history. In 1959, 60% of the American people thought that handguns should be banned, except for "police and other authorized persons." Then the number went down, to 38% in 1980. Then up again, to 43% in 1991. Then down again, to 24% in 2012. Now it's moving up again.

It's not a question of "liberty." It's a question of whether people trust you and me to own handguns. It will go up and down again.

It has very little to do with "liberty." It has everything to do with attitude, as arch-conservative theorist Russell Kirk has said.

You may have noted that one of the cases Scalia cited in "Heller" was an old, old Tennessee municipal law that banned carrying handguns. And the Court relied on it as precedent. Don't count your chickens.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

And he did much more to Latin America with the mega ReFi [refinance] scam aka Brady Bonds, putting several sovereign governments into depressions and default. Argentina is the latest.

F. George McDuffee

Tim Wescott fired this volley in news:qK2dnS4hZ- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I spoke frequently about him when he was alive, too. There's nothing wrong with recognizing that someone has deliberately and maliciously harmed your way of life. If you don't, shame on you!

I will also speak badly about Charles Manson whenever his name comes up.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

He should have let Reagan take the bullet.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Gunner Asch on Mon, 04 Aug 2014 17:18:37 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Awww, such a sentimentalist. I knew you were just a harmless fuzz ball.

pyotr filipivich

And he did much more to Latin America with the mega ReFi [refinance] scam aka Brady Bonds, putting several sovereign governments into depressions and default. Argentina is the latest.

Ed Huntress

Agreed. Once again the underlying issue is/was mental illness, not guns.

Reply to
Pete C.

Punish how? By making them pass the same background check a friggin' school crossing guard has to pass? By making someone have to wait a few days befo re they can go BOOM? when you say "Punish every single other law-abiding gu n-owner in the country," if you are ALREADY a gun owner, I don't see how th ese laws affect you at all. Where's the damage?

You have shown a side of yourself that isn't very flattering.

Reply to
rangerssuck

rangerssuck fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

What part of "shall not be infringed" didn't you understand when you read the 2nd amendment to the Constitution?

"Oh, you have the right, BUT, we choose to limit that by... (add your own condition)" is not part of the document.

If someone commits a crime with their weapon, punishment should be swift and sure. And they should be placed in a class of _residents_ who lose all their rights as "citizens".

Unless or until someone is in that class, their rights shall not be infringed. By anyone -- and most especially by the Federal Government, to which that amendment was directed.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Well, the caring political leftists in government would disagree with you BEFORE he got shot.

Reply to
walter_evening

And what part of "obey congress and the president ANYWAY" don't you understand ???

Reply to
walter_evening

walter snipped-for-privacy@post.com fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Yeah. L

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Besides the fact that nearly every legal gun sale already has a background check and has been that way for decades. The claim by the anti gun minority that 40% don't get background checks is absolutely false and has been for decades.

Reply to
Pete C.