Track 2

Hi guy,

I've a doubt: I read around the Internet that Track2 of Credit Card are made up of 40 character (see here

Now I've a smart card reader and I'm reading my cards but the Start sentinel, End Sentinel and LRC characters are not displayed/readed.

So I'm asking if they are truly written in the card?

Reply to
xaradas

Yes, The start and stop sentinels are written. The circuitry within the reader looks for them. They are usually non printing characters like Chr$(12) or Chr$(13). Some security card readers even use non- standard sentinels just to protect the integrity of the system.

Reply to
harkawy

And the LRC are also written on the card?

"harkawy" snipped-for-privacy@rabbitsoft.us ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
xaradas

Yes!