Track 2

Hi guy,
I've a doubt: I read around the Internet that Track2
of Credit Card are made up of 40 character (see here
.
Now I've a smart card reader and I'm reading my cards but
the Start sentinel, End Sentinel and LRC characters are
not displayed/readed.
So I'm asking if they are truly written in the card?
Reply to
xaradas
Yes, The start and stop sentinels are written. The circuitry within the reader looks for them. They are usually non printing characters like Chr$(12) or Chr$(13). Some security card readers even use non- standard sentinels just to protect the integrity of the system.
Reply to
harkawy
And the LRC are also written on the card?
"harkawy" snipped-for-privacy@rabbitsoft.us ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com...
Reply to
xaradas

Site Timeline