Artificial semiconductor??

Hello:

I have an engineering application where I need a "semiconducting" material in large sheet form. Silicon is too brittle and expensive. The most ideal material would have a resistivity of about 250 ohm-meters and about 1 mm thick. This is strictly for a resistance application, so it does not need to exibit "electronic" properties.

Is there some sort of graphite-impregnated material that would have such a resistivity? Is there anything at all that might?

Though 250 ohm-m and 1.0 mm are ideal parameters, I am somewhat flexible. If, for example, I could find a material that is say 1000 ohm-m, I could use a different thickness or even adjust my working voltage to suit the situation.

All replies are greatly appreciated.

Don

Reply to
eromlignod

Mirror tile?

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Could you use an aqueous solution or a wet porous material.

Reply to
David Deuchar

Check out carbon fiber cloth.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see: Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs

Boris Mohar

Antimony-tin-oxide on glass (used for resistive touch screens) Shell ASA-3 (or other fuel antistatic additive) in polymers, w/ or w/o graphite filler Plate on thin copper layer, oxidize to right resistivity range (just a few possibilities)

Reply to
Kevin G. Rhoads

Thanks for all the replies.

I should have mentioned that current has to pass through the entire slab, not just on the surface.

Don

Reply to
Don A. Gilmore

Reply to
Stackclimber

You can try using solder material (tin alloy) with some filler to reduce its conductivity, or high loadings of carbon black in a polymer matrix

Reply to
Erez Volach