H section brass

Hello All, I am trying to source some H section material, preferably brass, but may consider steel. This needs to approximate a parallel flange UB (universal beam) section at an overall size of 5 x 5 up to 10 x 10 mm. This is to produce some models of a piece of commercial equipment for display & presentation purposes and will be chrome or gold plated after fabrication. Ally or plastics will be no good as will be a silver soldered fab. I initially need about 10 metres of this stuff and will adjust the scale to suit available material. I could resort to machining the section, but envisage a lot of straightening out after milling. Have tried all usual sources to no avail. Any ideas folks ? Best regards. Mark G.

Reply to
Mark G

(universal

fabrication.

Old brass curtain rail comes to mind - shaped like an 'I' beam

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Cant be certain ...but im sure i've seen the stuff you descibe in B and Q

They have a rack in store with a selection of steel alloy and brass

all the best...mark

Reply to
mark

They do angle and U-section in brass but I'm pretty sure they don't do an H-section.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Try this link

you want enough I'm sure they would consider making you a run if there is nothing available that will do the job.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

If all fails, you might try to ask those folks wether they deliver to the UK.

They have H-section brass 5*5, 6*6, 7*7, 8*8, 10*10. The 10*10 costs 30 EUR / m. :-((

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Vintage Car Parts sell windscreen section of about that size.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping