Best Rated threads in ⚗ Material Sciences show all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Discovery of Hydraulic Cement (4400YA)
Discovery of Hydraulic Cement (4400YA) It has been known for millennia that the mixture of volcanic ash or pulverized tuff (siliceous), with lime, produces hydraulic (i.e. water- resistant) cement....
2
2

Passenger market for suborbital flights.
I saw that this weeks Space Access '09 conference, have several presentations by companies working on suborbital flights for tourism. According to this article, Virgin Atlantic is planning on...
15
15

How to Make Temp-Time Data Acquisition Kits
Dear Folks, I have a task to make, a data acquisition system. My ideal system would be a thermocouple connected to a data acquisition kits (can be either USB or PCI) which links to a PC. My problem...
1
1

Problem with "Oily" Silicone
Greetings: We are creating forms out of poured silicone. We are having a problem in that a few hours after the forms come out of their mold, they begin to "sweat" an oily substance. We are following...
12
12

Anomalous movement resistance in a spinning gyroscope
symmetric harnessed gyroscope accelerated to a given spinning frequency takes different time periods to stop, depending on the direction of previous spins. For repeated alternating, anticlockwise and...
4
4

handle on pots, rivets & strength
I have a Wolfgang Puck 6 liter pot with 2 handles and I am guessing the fastener is called a rivet. Two rivets for each handle. What I am concerned about is what material metal are those rivets for...
14
14