How to Make Temp-Time Data Acquisition Kits

Dear Folks,
I have a task to make, a data acquisition system. My ideal system would be a thermocouple connected to a data acquisition kits (can be
either USB or PCI) which links to a PC.
My problem is... I don't know how to do it, how to calibrate the thing.
Could anyone help me figure out for this? A step-by-step description is going to be great here.
ciao, SC.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

National Instruments do thermocouple readers, eg. cRIO-9211 which hooks into a USB interface USB-9162. Pico also do suitable data loggers http://www.picotech.com /
Whether you need to calibrate and the method you use depends upon what accuracy you need. If you want to know about the ultimate in calibration look at http://www.its-90.com/gaguide.html but if you need that level of accuracy thermocouples are not the way to go.