How to Make Temp-Time Data Acquisition Kits

Dear Folks,

I have a task to make, a data acquisition system. My ideal system would be a thermocouple connected to a data acquisition kits (can be either USB or PCI) which links to a PC.

My problem is... I don't know how to do it, how to calibrate the thing.

Could anyone help me figure out for this? A step-by-step description is going to be great here.

ciao, SC.

Reply to
schaiwan

National Instruments do thermocouple readers, eg. cRIO-9211 which hooks into a USB interface USB-9162. Pico also do suitable data loggers

Whether you need to calibrate and the method you use depends upon what accuracy you need. If you want to know about the ultimate in calibration look at
but if you need that level of accuracy thermocouples are not the way to go.

Reply to
Robert Copcutt