Want to make, but HOW? Help Please

Getting a motorcycle, and it needs a little upkeep not already done.

I want a good Motorcycle lift/stand, and have seen many on the web of varying prices.

Have done a lot of welding so I'm sure the welds will be OK for the task in hand, but some of the pics are very difficult to get a true idea on how they work, so I'm a little unsure of the build.

Form what I can see they use a lever system so that after the bike has been lifted using eth stand, the bikes own wait holds it in an upright position.

My worry is that of either not getting the balance correct, and having it unstable, or over stable ,and not being able to lift it off the stand.

Any ideas or links, or drawings of yours, PLEASE???

Hope you can help, and thanks for any given.

cheers Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn

One way would be to find a brand and model that you would like to copy, one that you think is simply constructed and doesn't require a lot of fancy bending and machining, i.e. the parts are cut from straight stock and bolted or welded together. Here's the dirty part; go to their web site and download a copy of the owner's manual, see what they have for an illustrated parts breakdown, get an idea of what you can/can't make.

Errr, maybe I misunderstood. I was writing about a work stand, but on re-reading your question I think you might be wanting a center stand ? Ooops,

Reply to
2regburgess

Lane

Harbor Freight has a motorcycle lift table on sale currently for $299. At that price I'd say get one and then just beef it up a bit if needed.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Actually they have 3 different models priced from $70 - $350. Lane

Reply to
Lane

I was in the same boat. Rather than dick around with fabricating, and spending a lot of time, I just went and bought one. I had hours left over to do projects, work on my scooter, or just take a nap.

And I figger it cost me about the same as materials.

STeve

Reply to
SteveB

I have the plans for a MC lift table, but to be honest, you can buy them for much the same money as making one, unless you have the steel and hydraulics for free. Let me know if you want me to dig them out for you Geoff

Reply to
Geoff M