How to create a drawings sheets Index table or at least link to data in other sheets?

We currently create a cover sheet for our drwaing packages which contains a table which lists the sheets along with their revision level and and title. Currently we manualy enter all the data into the table.

I was wondering if there was a way to create a table which links to each of these data values in each sheet.

I know how to add equations which link to data on the current sheet but I can't figure out how to link to other sheets. Something like `SW-Sheet Name:Sheet 1' or similar, so that the table will update when I change the sheet name, description, and revision.

Thanks a ton, Eric

Reply to
eworm

You'll need to pass values along to custom properties in order to communicate data between the sheets.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

Would I need to manually create a new custom value for each sheet created?

example: `Sheet Name 1' =3D 'SW-Sheet Name' `Sheet Name 2' =3D 'SW-Sheet Name' `Sheet Name 3' =3D 'SW-Sheet Name' etc?

Reply to
eworm

Actually, now that I think about this, I think there may be a function in SolidWorks that allows you to control multiple revisions for each sheet, but I don't immediately know how you would show that on the first sheet.

Reply to
fcsuper