OOPIC Newbe Question: How to realize PC Keyboard to OOPIC Communication

Dear all,

I am looking for a way to hang an OOPIC controller between a PC Keyboard an a PC. I've bought a OOPIC Controller with Firmware A.2 .

My "plan" so far is the following:

  1. I will use two OOPIC I/O pins for the incoming data & clock lines from the keyboard (The lines from the keyboard to the controller)
  2. Further I will use two other OOPIC I/O pins for the outgoing data & clock lines to the PC.
  3. The power line will go direct from the pc to the keyboard

My questions concerning this:

  1. Is the above "plan" realistic or have I overlooked anything?
  2. According to the OOPIC Website
    the oSerial Object is qualified to handle such serial communication between PC Keyboard an controller. BUT the oSerial Object allocates to predefined pins of the 40 I/O pins. So I will not be able attach another two lines. How can I bypass this problem??

I am thankful for any ideas!!

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Suter

The synchronous clock goes from the controller to the keyboard. That actually simplifies things.

The detail is in decoding the key scan codes and converting them into their associated characters. The hardware interface is more straighforward.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Jeff Fox