Why can't I order parts from outside the US????

Hi,

It seems that everytime if find a part that perfectly fits my requirements and go to order it, the company either doesn't accept international credit cards or will not ship outside the US. Has anyone else found this? Any ideas to get around this?

So, Does anyone know where i can get a 2.5mm right angle stereo plug with a short cable attached like the one at

except where they will ship overseas (in this case Australia)????

Thanks

Reply to
Matt Ziebarth

sid=7@mDZ20-L2VR06P-00104346103.4f except where they will ship overseas (in

Yep its a real pain. Fine up to a couple of years back.

Tried digikey ?

For some parts you can order direct from the manufacturer can be expensive - dallas maxim

You either try Australian distrubutors and pay a bit more or Asian companies.

(have an office in Sydney, warehouse in Thailand)

was good but scaled back the parts they sell. Are some other webshops in HongKong / China but need to be able to read Chinese.

Some of the Singapore distributors are okay but addon extras for Australian orders.

Could try asking on the forums at

note usually have to been a member(free) for three months before you get access to sale/buy forums.

Buy a plug from jaycar and solder the cable on. Or buy a long headphone extender cable and cut the other end off.

For Australian sources keep an eye on

or other similar places. Find if there are any local electronics recyclers / recycle yards can be great for motors, old displays etc

Surely Adelaide also has some surplus type shops or places that buy left over stock from manufacturers.

Alex

Reply to
Alex Gibson

sid=7@mDZ20-L2VR06P-00104346103.4f except where they will ship overseas (in

Have you tried Farnell?

Dunno about Australia, but I find they're great in the UK because they'll ship to anybody, even individual hobbyists, not just in bulk to corporations like most industrial suppliers (I think you still need to register, though). Of course, I'm in the UK, have no idea what their Australian branch is like, and am also lucky enough to live within driving distance of the trade counter at their HQ, where you can pick stuff up for cash if you can't be bothered waiting for deliveries - still, might be worth a look. Hope this helps!

Tom

Reply to
Tom McEwan

corporations

very expensive.Sometimes can add an extra zero almost. Fine if you really need something but hits the budget .

jaycar is cheaper but doesn't carry as much. electus their wholesale branch are handy.

started advertising in the US and UK as the exchange rate makes them cheaper for hobbiests for somethings. see

Alex Gibson