can't open solidworks now, why?

I have been using solidworks for years. Due to economic situations we did not renew our subscription. My problem is that when I try to open solidworks now, i get an error. It says"The volume name, directory name, or volujme label syntax is incorrect." Then when I hit "OK" it says "Could not load Solidworks DLL: slduiu.dll." and then does not load. Anyone know why this could be? I have done nothing different. Our service subscription has not been renewed for a couple years so that's not it. I even tried to reload from disc, but that did not change anything. Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dan Dix

Sounds like the HDD partition is shot. Time to reformat and redo your system.

Does any other programs open?

Reply to
Scott

Is your temp folder full or do you empty it periodically this can cause funny problems if you don't clean it out.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Everything else works fine.

Reply to
Dan Dix

I will check my temp folder, but i do clean it out once in a while

Reply to
Dan Dix

"Dan Dix" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@wctc.net...

In my startup, I put an "efface.bat" :

del C:\WINNT\Temp\*.* /s /Q

Cleaning at startup...

HIH JM

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN

Reply to
Dan Dix

"Dan Dix" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@wctc.net...

Create the batch file (as a *.txt file, rename to *.bat), and put it (or a shortcut) in your "startup" folder

It should look like : C:\Documents and Settings\jmbrun\Menu Démarrer\Programmes\Démarrage

Where: "jmbrun" is your login "menu démarrer" is "startup menu" (or close)

and so on...

Then every time you reboot your machine, it will run the batch. And I advise to reboot once every week at least.

HIH JM

Reply to
Jean Marc BRUN