blocking magnetic fields

Hi Mu metal is the most common magnetic shielding material,

techniques are field cancelling using coils to create an equal and opposite field to a preexisting field. Harder with Ac over an extended area as the phase has to be right

Reply to
DaveC

That's the first thing I thought of too, except the OP wrote the material should not be attracted by magnetic fields (mu metal is attracted to magnets), so I refrained from mentioning it. I suspect that he/she is asking the impossible.

Mark

Reply to
redbelly

Perhaps it could be layered with a diamagnetic material, such as graphite or business.

Reply to
Mark Thorson