Could Enough PV Significantly Cool the Desert?

Could 28% efficient PV in the desert transfering the energy by HVDC transmission lines to cities cool the desert significantly?
Yes, if the PV covered most of the valley and was supplying every city in the U.S.
Bret Cahill
On Sun, 17 Mar 2013 09:51:31 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill

Deserts globally are getting warmer and drier; I very much doubt photovoltaic cell panels will have enough of a cooling effect to offset that warming.
--
Nemo me impune lacessit.
"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant,

If they keep the sun off the surface, it means irrigation can be used, and crops grown to create soil suitable for growing.
And the panels are sure to reflect some.

The only crop that grows in the shade is mushrooms.
--
Jim Pennino

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 00:16:31 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:

The panels can be placed to provide any number of hours of sun wanted.
Also, AFAIK, clouds opposite the sun do reflect UV back toward you, so I think it is possible to get a tan staying in the shade on a cloudy day.

Most crops want about 10 hours of direct sunlight. Where would there be any day time left to generate solar power?

Irrlevant gibberish.
It is impossible to have "clouds opposite the sun" with respect to ground level.
Growing crops requires lots of direct sunlight.
--
Jim Pennino

Only in the winter here in the desert.
In the summer the sun evaporates asphalt and the only crop they grow in the summer here is hay and prickley pear.
A little PV cooling could really expand the lettuce $eason.
Bret Cahill

Utter nonsense.
Many crops can not take the temperatures in desert areas, but they all require direct sunlight to grow.
Try growing some lettuce in the shade and see how far you get.
--
Jim Pennino

Only the red wavelengths. Most of the energy in sunlight is green which can be used by PV.
Neither the plants nor the PV need the entire spectrum, and in the desert, neither _want_ the entire spectrum as it provides undesirable heat.
You would know this if you didn't flunk out of middle school.
Bret Cahill

Irrelevant.
All wavelengths are blocked by the solar panel, whether they are used or not.

Irrelevant.
All wavelengths are blocked by the solar panel, whether they are used or not.

You would know all wavelengths are blocked by the solar panel if your brain hadn't been fried by the desert heat.
--
Jim Pennino

How would that stop anyone from using filters to transmit red to the plants while reflecting green to the PV?
Are you this dumb in real life or are you just pulling our legs?
Bret Cahill

The realities of how reflection works and the fact that solar panels point up say this is utter nonsense.
A red filter would absorb green and there would be nothing to reflect even if this scheme didn't violate every rule of geometry and reflection.

Perhaps it is time for you to come out of the desert sun as it appears your brain has been fried.
--
Jim Pennino

all

Which are?

Yoiu think "solar panels point up" anywhere outside of the tropics?
. . .

Or reflect green if you weren't as stoopid as a plate of spaghetti
. . .

Here, try again:
Are you this dumb in real life or are you just pulling our legs?

For starters, the angle of reflection equals the angle of incidence.

Unless you know of somewhere where the Sun is underground, yes.

I'll bite, what are you going to use to make this magic filter?

Have you always been a clown with comic book schemes to save the world?
--
Jim Pennino

ey all

reen

ed

able

You'll need to do more than "starters" to explain how that would stop anyone from using filters to transmit red to the plants while reflecting green to the PV
Care to try again?

Where are these solar panels that point up?

Are you openly admitting you are so ignorant you haven't heard of grating that reflects some wavelengths and transmit others?

Stop dodgin' 'n dodgin.
Here, try again:
Are you this dumb in real life or are you just pulling our legs?
<snip> > You'll need to do more than "starters" to explain how that would stop

Ok, you are a babbling clown with cartoon ideas.
Are you aware that the Sun moves during the day?

No, I am asking you what are you going to use to make this magic filter?
Arm waving about gratings is not an answer.
<snip remaining clown babble>
--
Jim Pennino

Are you aware that trackers can follow the sun during the day?

No answer?

They are already doing it with grating.
Are you too stoopid to google or what?

Everywhere the Sun is in the sky and not in the ground.
<snip remaining clown babble as it is getting too boring to deal with>
--
Jim Pennino

Well? Where are they?