crystallization instainless steel

Stainless steels, and almost all metals, are 100% crystalline all the time except when they are molten. You may have degree of crystallization confused with grain (crystal) size, or the presence of
more than one crystal phase, or partial recrystallization, or something else.
"C.D. Graham" ha scritto ...

except when they are molten.
You are 100% right! :) ...but I said "...in a termally treated stainless steel...", in presence of partial recrystallization...
This is my problem: I have to mesure the recrystallized volume fraction.
Pasquale Ametrano
"LaGrecaColonna" ha scritto ...

Sorry! :)))
Thermally, not termally...
Pasquale Ametrano
LaGrecaColonna wrote:

Would the device described in this paper be useful for this purpose?
http://www.intalek.com/Index/Projects/SmartPAK/ Research/BarkhausenJumps.pdf
Mark Thorson wrote:

Sorry, here's a clickable version of the link:
http://www.intalek.com/Index/Projects/SmartPAK/Research/BarkhausenJumps.pdf
LaGrecaColonna wrote:

Metallography or texture analysis. If yout material was 100% austenie prior to cold deformation and has transformed to martensite completly, it will retransform to austenite during recrystallization. You can then assume : %austenite = %recrystallized
Michael Dahms
"Michael Dahms" ha scritto ...

...and I can measure %austenite by automatic analysis on micrographies of etched samples... Ok, but sometimes this is very difficult (or impossible), especially with low degrees of recrystallization.
Pasquale Ametrano
LaGrecaColonna wrote:

Better by x-ray phase-analysis
Michael Dahms