Dryer Bank Low Carbon Steel Oxidation

Hello everyone, I am wondering if there is anyone out there who can
help me with an engineering issue, I am looking to re fit a dryer bank
with low carbon steel (AISI 1040) dryer units that have a working
environment of 160 Celcius.
The original units were coated and this coating has peeled off
contaminating the substrate, prior to this stainless steel AISI 410 was
considered though this was unsuccessful as our print process was
affected.
I am concerned with 'oxidation' of the low carbon steel units if we
purchase them uncoated, though my previoius experience of low carbon
steel dryers in the automotive industry (though on a larger scale) did
not oxidate at the same 160 Celcius.
Any advice on a low carbon steel that would be better suited to this
application would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy
Reply to