Elastic reflective material help

Hi!

Im building a light application and need a rubber/silicone pad type material that is highly reflective. Ive been searching and searching on google but i cant seem to come across the right material.

The pad doesnt have to be of rubber or silicone, just something that is flexible and foldable, something like this product (but reflective of course)

any suggestions much appreciated.

Reply to
sunweiss

oh, forgot to mention that this application will be exposed to 400 deg F and thus the link to an oven silicone pad above.

Reply to
sunweiss

3M makes glass sphere loaded tape.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Missed the bit about 400F. Forget tape. You can get the glass spheres separately, e.g. the kind they mix with traffic paint, and they might survive OK.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

For example, here:

Mark Thorson

Thanks Phil & Mark,

I'd seen the beads before. The problem with them that my application requires the angle of inclination be the same as angle of reflection. Is there some kind of metal spray I can simple spray on that have good penetration (i.e. stickiness), on say a silicone pad, and doesnt scrape of all that easily?

Reply to
sunweiss

What are you actually trying to do here? There's high temperature aluminum paint if all you want is a shiny surface.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Begins to sound of the quest for unobtanium. Maybe it is time to devise a different design rather than look for an "amazing" materials solution.

Reply to
pamela

Reply to
ddeu

I will try the high temperature AL spray. Would it stick on one of those silicone pads?

I actually came across >

Reply to
sunweiss

It probably will not be as reflective as you want It probably will not stick to the silicone It probably will not flex as much as the silicone.

It is possible to metallise plastics with the appropriate surface treatment but the coating cracks and falls off if flexed.

Shiny=metal. It is quite possible to make metal parts flex, but it is by design of the shape not in bulk form.

I actually came across >

Reply to
ddeu