Non-toxic Liquid Metal

I'm looking, purely for entertainment purposes, for a mercury substitute, a non-toxic liquid metal that is as fun to play with as
mercury but won't kill me.
Any ideas?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Anonymous) wrote in message

I was going to suggest gallium, but the material safety data sheets I've found online suggest it's a skin irritant.
The "fusible metals" section of the Metals Handbook only has alloys that start melting at 117F...
From:
http://www.indium.com/products/alloy/alloy_tablep1.html
There are several alloys that melt below room temperature. I'd contact that company for safety information.
Mike Miller
Ga is more or less safe to play, be sure to wash your hands afterwards. Don't let it fall on the floor or somewhere else you don't want it, it makes quite a mess.
but keep it away from aluminium, it eats through Al foil within seconds.