paintball pellets and inflatable articles from flexible (pvc-p) membrane

Ok, this may seem like a proposterous idea, but our client insist, and I was told to come up with an educated response: Here's the deal - out of our flexible membranes he intend to make some
inflatable articles (i assume dummies or scenery objects) to be placed in a paint-ball guns playfround. He is asking will the membrane be damaged by the pellets. He has given us details as per the pellets (weight, exit velocity), and i have thorough knowledge of the membrane's mechanical properties, as we are the manufacturer (calendering, over a standard PES high tenacity textile). I can calculate the pellets momentum and energy, and can estimate the pellets' cross-sectional area. However, I have not idea how to relate this to what i can tell of the membrane (strip tensile strength, tear strength, puncture resistance). I have no impact energy to break/tear the membrane as it is flexible, izod is inappropriate. puncture is under nearly static loading. tear is highly influenced by geometry (and rate of strain). I can say from personal experience that such a pellet does not break the skin of humans, nor does it penetrate the thin protective garment each player is required to wear. I would just like to translate that into quantitive form, as so not to appear "guestimating". I also though it would make a fun and interesting thread topic, while still in the realm of materials (I hesitated weather this should be posted on sci.polymers instead...)
TIA
E.V
Erez Volach wrote:

Why not give the experts in sci.engr.mechanics a shot at this mechanical problem?
It is a mechanics problem, with some materials data input for the estimation of failure.
And, it is impact with large deformations....
Just super for those guys.
Jim

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Erez Volach wrote:

Should anyone trust a theoretical analysis of this problem? You need to borrow a paintball gun and shoot some test samples. Be sure they are inflated to the same pressure that the customer intends to use.