Reactivity of Aluminium

Dear All,
I was wondering if anyone here can describe the difference between the reactivity of Aluminium and Iron when placed in dilute hydrochloric
acid. I understand that Al is higher on the reactivity series than Fe and it should theoretically react more vigorously. I also know that the inert oxide layer that aluminium forms is the factor that governs this but I need a more substantial answer to the question. Can anyone help please.
Many thanks
NJ