Home furnace thermocouple

Can someone please tell me what type thermocouple is used on standard
home furnace control valves?
They are referred to as "30 MV Standard Thermocouple" and are used on
home furnaces, water heaters, etc. of the standing pilot type. They
usually have a 3/16" stainless alloy sheath about 3" long and are
swaged in a copper tube about 1/8" diameter 18" to 120" long.
Robertshaw, Honeywell etc. make pilot type gas heating control valves.
The specs imply they might be type K couples, but I don't know for
sure.
Reply to
dave martin
Turns out they are type T, copper/constantan.
Enuf power is apparently generated to hold a small magnet in place.
Reply to
dave martin

Site Timeline