Si3N4 hydration

Hi all, let me present at first: my name is Giorgio Cellere, and I'm working as a post-doc researcher on microelctronics-to-biological interfaces at Padova University, Italy.

I'm looking for some text describing in sufficient detail (from both a microscopic and macroscopic point of view) the interface between water and silicon dioxide and/or silicon nitride. In particular, what I need to understand are the hydration properties of these materials: what's going on, which type of chemical bonds form, what happens if I put in water a SiO2 layer covered by a polymer monolayer, and so on...

Can anybody of you help me? any indication will be greatly appreciated!

Giorgio

Reply to
Giorgio Cellere