Carbon composite broken, (pictures)

I am looking for about this photos of a broken bicycle made of carbon composite.
http://www.solomountainbike.com/foros/leer.php?f=1&i 5397&t5397
I am not expert on carbon composites but I have a doubt about the cause of the failure of the material. Are the pictures coherent with a failure due to a bad or defective composite or they reveal any external force impact or abuse?

Knowing a little about bicycles and composites, I do know that mountain bikers tend to abuse their bikes. It would take closer investigation, such as microscopy to see if there were poorly bonded layers. A carbon composite can brittle fracture like some metals but I think filament wound tend to delaminate. At any rate, these pictures, in my opinion are not adequate. Frank

hard to tell from those pictures, but looks like some type of environmental attack.