soft metal alloy

Hello, Which metal alloy is the most soft, easily cutting, workable by knife. I wont it for artwork. Tin is too rigid. Can I buy it or make in workshop? Thank You.

Reply to
Ivan Minarovic

There are several formulas of very soft, low T melting Bi-Sn alloys. Look for "Wood's metal" with google. Can be prepared in workshop, but be careful: never in a platinum crucible!...

J.J.

Reply to
jacques jedwab

You find lists of soft alloys when looking for:

"fusible alloys" "low melting point alloys"

either with google, or in any edition of the "Handbook of chemistry and physics"

J.J.

Reply to
jacques jedwab

Sodium can be easily cut with a knife. Did you require any other properties?

Reply to
Mark Thorson

Uhmm, don't you see potential problems with suggesting Sodium for the intended application?

Reply to
Kevin G. Rhoads

If the original poster had any other restrictions on the material, he should have mentioned them. For all we know, he might like the patina which forms on a raw sodium surface.

Reply to
Mark Thorson