Various questions regarding piezoelectric crystals

  1. Can anyone please tell me what is the difference between the logitudinal mode, radial mode and thickness mode of vibrations in piezoelectric ceramics ?

  1. Does the piezoelectric ceramic work well only at the resonance frequencies or overtones? How does it behave at non resonant frequencies? I have to perform my experiments over the frequency range of 40 kHz to 500 kHz should I go for the different piezoceramics with different frequencies to cover the whole frequency range?

  2. I know aluminum is added to improve the performance of the system but i am not sure how it will effect the resonant frequency of the whole system?

  1. Does anyone know books which deal with this stuff? Any suggestions will be sincerely appreciated.... :)

Reply to
piezonovice